Falmouth Sailing Week relies on financial contributions from both the business and public sectors to deliver all the elements of an exciting programme both on and off the water. It presents an opportunity for sponsors to promote their organisation and develop their brand through a dynamic, active event with a broad following.
All our supporters will be recognised with the addition of logos on all printed materials and will be included on the Falmouth Sailing Week site which regularly attracts over 60,000 hits during August alone.
For enhanced sponsorship opportunities we offer a variety of packages and this document sets out the formal levels of benefit which are available. Please note this is a general overview as we work with all sponsors on a case-by case basis to ensure mutual benefit. Many sponsors maintain a link with the week on a long-term basis.
(Sponsorship of PoFSA does not attract VAT.)
PoFSA Race Mark Sponsorship
£250 in Carrick Roads
£175 in Falmouth Bay
This is a very popular option with a reserve waiting list.
Benefits to include:
- Business name and phone number on a specified buoy;
- Brand logo printed on the PoFSA and Falmouth Week websites and on the PoFSA page in each of the 6 sailing & yacht club handbooks and in the six clubs’ sailing instructions;
- Sponsor acknowledgement on social media and sharing of content;
- Business listed on the PoFSA annual calendar and the chart of race marks;
- Business name is included on the Navionics Navigation Chart software.
Individual class sponsor
There are many opportunities for major sponsorship of the individual classes with simple effective advertising.
In 2021 we are looking for sponsors for the following classes
- Shrimper 19​/Nordic Folkboats​/Flying Fifteens​/Ajax 23​/SMOD​/Rustler-Piper 24 – £500 per class
- Firebird​/IF Boat – £500
- IRC Yachts (3 classes) – £1,000
Benefits to include:
- Sponsor acknowledgement at every opportunity including on our social media and websites;
- Promotional opportunities at opening reception and prize giving ceremonies;
- Hospitality at the Falmouth Sailing Week Reception at the Royal Cornwall Yacht Club after the Skippers’ Briefing, and the PoFSA annual supper Party in September.
Individual fleet sponsor
- Carrick Fleet, 3 Regatta days, Sunday–Tuesday – £1,500
- Carrick Fleet, Wednesday Standalone Races (ex Champagne Day) Creating a New event – £1,000
- Carrick Fleet, 3 Regatta days: Thursday–Saturday – £1,500
- Bay Fleet, 3-Day Series: Sunday–Tuesday – £1,500
- Bay Fleet, 3-Day Series: Thursday–Saturday – £1,500
To sponsor a fleet during Falmouth Sailing Week 2021 you would receive the above class package plus these additional benefits:
- Your business name mentioned on all printed and digital media alongside the sponsored fleet;
- Your business name printed on the Falmouth Sailing Week posters and included on the PoFSA calendar;
- Acknowledgement on the Sailing Instructions and on all radio traffic during Falmouth Sailing Week;
- Opportunities to hang promotional banners and flags from the committee boats and the Safety boat.
Your organisation may also have other ideas or preferred methods, for example
£250 – £2,000
- Branded PoFSA volunteer T-shirts – £500
- Sponsorship of the Safety Boats for the whole regatta – £1,000
- The Falmouth Sailing Week launch Reception at the Royal Cornwall Yacht Club – £2,000
- PoFSA Website sponsorship – £500
- Falmouth Sailing Week Posters – £250
- Prizegiving glasses and mugs, cups and engraving – £1,000
- Perpetuate your sponsorship by donating a branded silver cup to be presented to your chosen class winner every year for all time – POA
The prize giving at each of the six host yacht and sailing clubs are a major part of any event and bring together competitors, volunteers, friends, families and key individuals. These events can also be great opportunities for brand awareness and for client​/sponsor hospitality.
Donations and Contributions – Patron
The success of Falmouth Sailing Week relies heavily on partnership working within the community and we recognise that not all organisations have the resources available to be able to contribute to the level that specific sponsorship requires.
In order to remain inclusive and retain our strong community links, donations or contributions are also invited from smaller, non-VAT registered organisations, or individuals who wish to be associated with an event that is not-for profit and whose key objective is enjoyment for the community and visitors alike, both on and off the water.
We will create a Patron list to be published on the PoFSA Website.